
My nature is one that is very observant. I watch, I listen, I draw out and then I see. I understand what is in front of me before I react.
These are the conversations that i enjoy the most. the ones where this process has past through both sides of the boat/parties.
I dont like conversations were I've spoken the most or vice-versa. It almost annoys me. I cant talk about an agender and chatter away or impose my ideas without really connecting- by that I mean really connecting, not that it's all in my head and I'm projecting my expectations or feelings on them. I like it when a conversation is like two people going on a journey together. Not the one which is only about one journey and how that journey is the best or the way. This kinda conversation makes me loose concentration and energy. It can feel like they are "Bible bashing" you with your ideas/words. I get tired and try to change the subject or wrap it up. Or simple agree on every point so as to shorten the length of the conversation. I say this because most times in this situation, it's someone who wants to tell you something, they dont really want to have a conversation. And having a conversation would actually look offensive to the other party or something. Sometimes people want to tell you that they're way is right and why this is so. They just want to tell you. Not really have a conversation. Conversation requires 50:50 effort to speak, listen, question, draw out and understand. I guess its more about the person then the topic/subject. It's more about the relationship then the idea.
Its ok to just want to tell or push your way forward, we all do it. But lets label it as such
No comments:
Post a Comment