
What ever you do in this life, you are either allowing something or disallowing it. This suggests that there is an authority or a way that imposes itself on you and you either want to live in that manner of you dont. Thinking about principles etc. In theory, you wont do something that is not your principle. This then also suggest that you are living under the authority of your principles. i.e. if your principles had a name like John, then John would have authority over you. In terms of principles etc, you choose what authority you want to be under. You choose them because you trust them. The trust has been built over time, either through experience or though understanding.
It's one thing to have things or ways of doing things that you believe in, its another to have those things are your principles. Principles are a part of you, they have become so over time and experience. Some people believe in many things. I believe that a "man is not an island" - not meant to be on his own. If this was my principle then I would be doing something about it. There's a difference between a man who believes some thing and one who is a principled man. A man who believes something, has probably communicated it though conversation and a man who is a principled man has communicated it though action. Imagine the two scenarios. There's more passion and fire and commitment in principles. (There is a sense of strength about it)
Again, you are limited/constrained to your principles which will ultimately decide what happens to you in 50 years time etc. Because we are human and havent walk this earth before, our ideas are imperfect, it would take eternity perhaps to perfect them. There is One who's already ticked that box. Unlike John (who I mentioned earlier) actually has a personality etc i.e. you can argue it out and its not simply you thats helping you out. "the things I dont want to do, I do them. The things I want to do, I dont "...this is the constant struggle of any person on their own.
In conclusion, I want to be a woman of principles., not "one who has beliefs"
It's one thing to have things or ways of doing things that you believe in, its another to have those things are your principles. Principles are a part of you, they have become so over time and experience. Some people believe in many things. I believe that a "man is not an island" - not meant to be on his own. If this was my principle then I would be doing something about it. There's a difference between a man who believes some thing and one who is a principled man. A man who believes something, has probably communicated it though conversation and a man who is a principled man has communicated it though action. Imagine the two scenarios. There's more passion and fire and commitment in principles. (There is a sense of strength about it)
Again, you are limited/constrained to your principles which will ultimately decide what happens to you in 50 years time etc. Because we are human and havent walk this earth before, our ideas are imperfect, it would take eternity perhaps to perfect them. There is One who's already ticked that box. Unlike John (who I mentioned earlier) actually has a personality etc i.e. you can argue it out and its not simply you thats helping you out. "the things I dont want to do, I do them. The things I want to do, I dont "...this is the constant struggle of any person on their own.
In conclusion, I want to be a woman of principles., not "one who has beliefs"
"Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the orphan. Fight for the rights of widows."
Learn... Seek... Help... Defend... Fight Isiah1:17
No comments:
Post a Comment