Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Artisans of time


I watched a film called The Soloist. I thought it a bit slow at fist but enjoyed it towards the end.
When I think of the most brilliant minds in History, they were all labeled as strange or odd or mad or crazy by the society in which they lived in. From musicians to mathematicians, to poets and philosophers. Many were rejected by society but their brilliance changed the way people operated or thought and they are still making an impact today. People like Bill Gates, Van Gogh, Beethovan, Ivan Newton, Socrates, Charles Darwin, Andy Warhol, Yeats, Jesus etc etc
It’s almost like you have to be a bit “crazy” or “abnormal” to touch those few great things that effect mankind. It’s like “madness” releases an eternal gift

Be who you are. If it’s strange and people do not understand, then that’s normal, as long as it’s directed to excellence.
The true masters and artisans of history were totally consumed with their one gift and that’s the only road they followed

No comments: