
Don’t you hate being put in a box? When people give you limitations and assume that they know it when they don’t? Define how wide or high the box should be and then when their done, close it off and put it to the side.People would put me in a box and I only revealed the aspects of me that they expected, most times this was not even a conscious decision. The aspects of me that were outside the box, I shared with those who didn’t need a box.Sometimes people put things and others into a box in order to learn and understand. You take a concept (by doing this, you take it out of its environment and into a box). You look, study and perhaps scrutinize it in order to understand it. And then once you’ve understood it, you put the lid on.I’ve herd people say that they can know what a person is like after talking to them for 5mins. I think this is a bit arrogant.
People often show you what you want to see. They have the power to do so. They have a normal self which they want to be associated with and then they have a side to them that they only show to their close friends, another side that they only show to their family, another side that they show to their lover, another to their role model or people their admire etc. and this is appropriate.I’ve often herd people who’ve dated for ages and then got married that, they discovered or were shocked/surprised and didn’t know that their spouse had this certain trend.It’s good to put things in a box but because we are only human and prophesy in part, we should never put a lid on the box but let it be free. Take what you’ve learn and seen as truth but then realized that we are human and can never have the whole truth. This way we are less surprise, offended etc that people don’t xyz. Often people tell you things to make you feel good or to not cause you hurt, unless they want to harm you.There was a man named Jesus and the people in His town who assumed to know Him most, put Him in a box. As a result nothing much happened in that town. He was said to be the savior of the world, the Messiah, even this man Jesus could not do much because they put Him in the box by limiting him to their definition of who he is. He didn’t even put up a fight but simply said that they were limiting Him by putting Him in a box.I’ve learned to be careful not to think that I know it all. I even look forward to the thing that shows me that I don’t know it all but that doesn’t prevent me from seeking to know.
It’s so much easier to deal with people when you realize that they only speak the truth in part and this is normal. Not only that, but we only hear in part. Our understanding of what is said is marked by our experience. It’s also easier to deal with people because you don’t judge their character and get too frustrated. Do not scoff at what is said or surprises you, but test everything that is said and hold on to what is good. 1Thes5:19-21; 1Cor8:2
No comments:
Post a Comment