Monday, January 11, 2010

There's a therapy method where the "clients" problems, issues etc are resolved, so to speak by simply talking about their issues and being listened to or understood.

This is how the conversation would go.

Therapist:So how are you feeling today
Client:I feel a bit angry
Therapist: You feel a bit angry?
Client:Yes. I ran into her again and she keeps ignoring me
Therapist: She keeps ignoring you?
Client:Yes. When ever I say anything, she doesnt listen
Therapist: She doesnt listen?
Client:Yes, she looks at me and keeps doing whatever she was doing
Therapist:And how does that make you feel?
Client:I just want her to see me. I told her I was sorry so many times and now she's turned everyone against me
Therapist: She turned everyone against you?

..... and the conversation goes on. At the end the "client" feels much better or more able to deal with everyday issues. And people get paid for this!!! And they're never out of a job. There's like a long list of people on the "client" list.
I'm going to try this method for the next week with people around me and see what happens
Understanding yourself and feeling understood makes you more able.

No comments: