Why do we want to live forever? I guess, on some level, we want to be like gods and live forever.
Every generation faces the challenge of a life threatening disease e.g. the black death, HIV and AIDS, cancer, diabetes etc. When we find a cure for one disease, another one crops up. More and more, we are dependant on the cures. We'd rather spend billions, as a country, on reasearching drugs etc, than on prevention. If you look at most illnesses, they can be prevented by "good healthy living". By that I mean, taking care of our hygiene, diet, excersize, relationships - physically, emotionally and spiritually. If the people who lived 10 generations before us lived "good healthy living" and every generation since followed suit, as well as the next 10 generations to follow lived a "good healthy life"(This includes corporations and governments) . I think this would dramatically reduce the number of diseases/illnesses.
Instead we're being bankrupt (financially, physically, emotionally, spiritually, relationally etc), spending on drugs and then being rescued from death by drugs. Bankrupt to be rescued. esp in the U.S.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment