Wednesday, November 19, 2008

From single to whole

.

.

.

.

.

.
.

.

.

From single to being the other part of a whole.
Being single is a state of mind as much as anything else. Even when you’re dating or what ever it is you want to call it, you are still “single”.

The single mind set:
What’s mine is mine, I’ll help you out. You have your opinion and that’s fine, you’re entitled to it. I will also have my opinion and I am entitled to it. I will give you your space and respect your time. You are your own person and I am my own person. You don’t have rights over me.
I can put up with certain things
You’re entitled to a past


The married mind:
This is ours, my other half will be upset if…
I have to help you because my wellbeing depends on it
You have an opinion and I have an opinion but we must come to an agreement and have an agreement
Your opinion is not just your opinion, it affects me
I need your time… “I am your wife/husband”
You have rights over me
You have a right to demand things…”I am your wife/husband”
I can’t put up with certain things because this is the rest of my life.
Your past becomes mine

I don’t know if one can tell the difference between having a “single” mind and having a “married” mind. Don’t know what else to call it.

The marriage depends on the two people becoming one. That is in thought, in movement, in hopes, physically, spiritually etc. if the two remain separate entities, its not going to work.

There’s talk of the analogy of sex being an act of the two people becoming one. The exchange of the others person into another and vice versa. And physically, in the act, they become one. They share a bond, something connecting them to each other.
Back to the analogy, thinking of taking two pieces of paper, putting glue on them sticking them together. The two become one, strong, thicker piece of paper. Know, its still is possible to rip the two apart. Resulting in one having holes, and the other also damaged.
Then there is “fusion”, the act of the two actually becoming one. If you fuse something with another thing it is hard, almost impossible to separate them because you don’t see “them” i.e. two separate entities but one entity.
Marriage is the act of fusing into each other. It’s supposed to anyway but this is all a decision on both parties. Marriage is a self sacrifice mindset. It is tough. It’s being able to be at a point where you have to live for the other or sacrifice for the other , i.e. it doesn’t make any sense to you to do otherwise. That’s becoming one because in essence, what you do to the other you do to yourself, you are not loosing but gaining. He/she is a part of you so in essence you are sacrificing for yourself. Yep, it is out of this world! They do say that this is a mystery, “The two becoming one”

No comments: