Sunday, April 17, 2005

what is your greatest fear


what is your greatest fear?I've always believed that God would be with me but I know with out Him it would be hell.So, what is my greatest fear? Thought it was getting pregnant at a young age.I'm at a point in my life where I'm looking forward to my education,my caree,friendships etc.I would just feel like I would missing out on so much. The scary thing about being pregnant?To tell you the truth the scariest thing would the reactions of people around me.i imagine the situation and the first thing is...how do I tell my family?they would feel like I let them down maybe even ashamed of me for a while.i think about my church...-just to say,I'm one of those "innocent shy " people so peoples expectations... well they would be shocked!!!anyway back to what I was saying,imagine a pastors wife being pregnant but the child isnt the pastors child. the father of the child is some guy in the congregation and everybody knows who it is. imagine what would be going on in her mind."Oh God,help me"..."What will my husband say"..."I've really let him down"..."what will the church say"..."people wont look at me the same way...they wont hear what I say,it will just go over their heads because they'll just remember what I've done"...the list goes on.Really really if you look at this,is really the fear of man.i noticed the other day that the reason I'm, not living with my whole heart is because of the fear of man.the reason my greatest(its not the greatest fear but its pretty bad)...the reason my greatest fear is getting pregnant before being married is,yes I'd be disappointing myself but what makes it worse is because of the fear of man.and you know,that is your only reward ...their reaction.the fear of man!I think sometimes we see people, especially those in church,as God.especially when its something like getting pregnant or etc.we went to a party not so long ago and I didn't dance like I normally do.i was holding back.why,because of the fear of man -- people from my church.i wanted to dance like crazy but I couldnt because I felt they cant handle this,they wont hear a word I say or when they do they'll just remember me going crazy.just to say,me dancing was for fun,it wasnt really adding to God.its really sad.i couldn't go crazy because I thought they'd judge me.sad?lets imagine I'm the pastors wife.i'd feel a responsibility to live as an example and yet I'm holding back from dancing like crazy,holding back from living from my heart.the fear that they would judge me,that's putting them in the position of God.the fear of man is putting man as an idol.i love dancing!I feel free.the battlefield of the mind...

1 comment:

B.S. said...

I dont like spiders...

http://tbtew.blogspot.com/