Friday, December 09, 2005

Am I ready to get married?



I've got myself involved with a course- which is brilliant!!!By the way.Anyway, everytime I went there, I was always finding out that someone I know or someone around me is married or getting married engaged etc .It was almost like "marriage" was following me. Anyway after I while I felt like I wanted to get married know until I realised the implications of that but more about that later. I felt like I wanted to get married know and so I started asking myself... "am I ready for marriage?", "what makes you ready for marriage?" etc.I spoke to a few married people some who had been married for years just asked them questions like "so...how you?...hows married life?...oh,what made you ready for marriage?" so I made it seem like it was more about them (im interested in their lives) than about me. I remember a few things that stayed with me. First being Jesus.Jesus makes you ready for marriage. Knowing Him and being with Him. The second was loving like Christ. I guess He knew He was going to die for His bride even before the wedding day.
Do I feel like I want to die for this person I want call "my husband"? Really? Would I put him first before me? Give up everything with love for him? Hobbies, dreams, hopes etc.would I give that up for him completely when it comes down to it?that’s when these things (the hopes and dreams etc) get in the way of "us" as a couple. Him first (after Christ) and me after.thats a deep love isn't it. These are things I want and need to keep remembering even when I am married.
Anyway, after all those thoughts my answer was ..... (Drum roll).... yes. A yes with excitement and also a yes with fear in my heart! I guess because of the reality of it all. So silly me expressed that I was ready for marriage and he kind of asked me if I'm sure and I said yes. (I want to get married but I think this season was influenced by my emotions than love because of things around me.)Anyway he kinda fished it out of me and I realised that I was emotional. I still feel the same way (the "yes" way) but know im looking at other things know like things I wanted to do before I get married like get my own place and hopefully my own car before I get married. I think this helps me from being too emotional. Oh, emotions are good
N2S: There's the "am i ready to get married" question as well as the "are we as a couple ready for marriage" which is another story.

No comments: